IPPTC 2020 Advanced Training Course Calls for Students
Course Name: Digital Signal Analysis and Deconvolution in Seismic Data Processing
Course Duration: 2 days
Osman M. Hassan, who has been involved in geophysical education, training, research and production for the past twenty or more years and currently working as a Sr. Geophysicist at ION E&P Advisory Group. Houston, Texas. He is an active member of the SEG, AAPG, EAGE and GSH.
• Will be able to understand the objective of seismic data acquisition (land and marine)
• Clearly understand the different source wavelets (signatures); the composite seismic wavelet and their manipulation and handling in the field and during processing stage.
• Easley interpret signals in time and in frequency domain.
• Calculate with confidence the convolution, correlation and auto correlation of a signal.
• Select and understand the deconvolution process and the optimum parameters for application.
• Design and select optimum filters parameters.
• Understand the seismic vibrator signal and its reduction in time and frequency domain.
• Comprehend the need for broadband seismic data and the recent advances in order to increase the seismic resolution and its befits for interpretation and inversion.
Registration Deadline: 31 December, 2018
For more information about the training course, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are interested in participating in the advanced training course, please fill out the registration form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org.